Following the move to a value stream organisation and the organisation re-design (Equilibrium) we are seeking high potential individuals for a new Lead Operator role.
King's Lynn, Norfolk
£24,859 - £31,075 (including shift allowance)
The Lead Operator Role
Role model associate responsible for leading and driving factory performance in designated area. Ensuring KPIs are met by striving for continuous improvement through coaching, development and feedback of others.
Technically strong, as Lead Operator you will be first port of call for machinery breakdowns ensuring all basic technical fixes are applied and fault finding/problem solving applied. Work with technicians on fault finding to establish root cause and reduce unplanned losses and wastage. You will also be responsible for ensuring all factory systems are adhered to through delegation of tasks to their team.
In addition to the operator key outputs you will;
• Drive area Safety, Quality and Performance KPI’s driving down unplanned losses and keeping on target with planned losses
• Role modelling safe ways of working, ensuring compliance to safety standards and facilitating the escalation of non-conformances.
• Coaching others to drive compliance of correct safety behaviours apply 5 why’s problem solving and fault finding
• Accountable for 100% Safety PM and Operational PM completion in the area of responsibility including coaching on successful application and completion
• To be the first point of contact for quality and food safety concerns, driving quality, food safety and hygiene standards. Facilitate the escalation of non-conformances through the correct channels e.g. top seal failure escalations and reduction of waste
• Expected split of 80% operating, 20% coaching, maintaining and improving standards
• Use of coaching techniques with peers, using performance related feedback, to drive KPI performance and to increase the team’s ability to deal with issues effectively.
• Leading by example, engaged in your tasks and supportive to others, manage breaks in area
• Help team leader identify training gaps on shift and build into other associates development plans.
• Lead improvement ideas within area and implement continuous improvement projects
Qualifications & experience
• Education & Professional Qualification
• Mechanical engineering qualification preferred
• HACCP Level 3 preferred
• IOSH Managing Safely
• Experience carrying out mechanical maintenance
• Experience leading a production team
• Drive for results
• Conflict management
• Peer relationships
• Priority setting
• Action orientated/Motivating others
"We are committed to equal opportunity employment practices."
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
If interested in the Lead Operator click on the APPLY button below.